View Single Post
Old
07-31-2013, 01:26 AM
axecrew

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
I honestly think they might.

I'm a huge Hawks fan, and I'm the first to say that you need good goaltending to win the Cup. If push comes to shove though, I would bet that the Hawks think they have a better chance of being competitive long term by icing a team that can roll 4 lines and 3 d-pairs with an average goalie (which Crawford is IMO), than spending $5-6M on a goalie and have to skimp on the 3rd d-pair.

Hopefully the Hawks have an idea of what it's going to take to resign the core guys (JT/PK) when their contracts expire. They'll take a look at that number, factor in raises for the other RFA's, compare it to estimated growth in the cap and see how much room that they have for Crawford.

My guestimate is that Crawford is the guy who they see if they have room for. I doubt he's a guy that they make room for by moving core players to free $'s for up long term.
WOW....someone who FINALLY gets it. As for the lovely comments about where I live etc....actually no we don't get our info the same way, I actually have seen the guy play in person, I have actually watched the guy practice in person....I actually have seen his body language etc while you are watching whatever the heck the tv camera wants you to see. Cory Crawford is a mediocre goalie who caught lightning in a bottle and rode it hard...he benefitted greatly from a team who thinks block shots first and nothing gets through thus allowing an average goalie to look great. Ask yourself this...would crawford have won a cup this year behind another team and would any other goalie have won the cup with chicago this year. the answers are no and yes.

axecrew is offline   Reply With Quote