View Single Post
Old
07-31-2013, 01:36 AM
NateTheGr8

vCash: 500
Your pre-game rituals

From minor hockey to the NHL. Players have rituals that they grew up with or were taught and carried on from their elders and role models. You type in "NHL player rituals" on google and you'll probably get a few interviews with players explaining their pre game and post game rituals.

In the play offs this year for example , I remember the broadcasters talking about how the Red Wings have a ritual in which Kronwall(Orginially Lidstrom but wanted to keep with a swedish dman after his retirement) slaps one puck at Howard right before the game. When Howard was asked about it, he just said that him and lidstrom used to do it so he decided to continue it.

I have a few minor rituals and some other rituals. An example of a small one would have to be writing the jersey number of my friend that passed away on the handle tape job. Another one is that I wear my friends old cross necklace that was left to me during every game. He used to say a small prayer before the game while we were all warming up.

I've seen alot of players that go out on the ice way before games And stickhandles.

What's yours?

NateTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote