View Single Post
Old
07-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Beastly Bozak

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
I think Ranger will end up being the most important signing of all off-season ahead of Bozak and Clarkson.

He'll become anywhere between the 2nd-4th most used Dman after Phaneuf but I don't think he'll be partnered with Phaneuf. I think Ranger will play on the 2nd pair and see the 2nd toughest matchups. Not having a good 2nd pair to rely on for matchups caused the Gunnar-Phaneuf pair cause us to overextend them.

I predict Ranger ends up playing with Gardiner who seemed to be getting back to his skating/jump in the rush type of game in the playoffs but still has and many always be not the best defensive dman. Having Ranger paired with Gardiner will give Gardiner a steady partner who usually hangs back and confidence that he can jump up in the play and know partner will be there (just like Gunnar does for Phaneuf).
Great post. I was trying to figure out where Ranger would ideally fit if he plays the way he did in Tampa. I think he would be a good fit with Jake as well, and would also help us keep the Franson-Fraser pair together, which worked really well last season. Franson also seemed to play really well with tougher minutes toward the season, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Carlyle split the workload over the course of the season and keep Phaneuf as fresh as possible for the post season

Beastly Bozak is offline   Reply With Quote