View Single Post
Old
07-31-2013, 12:51 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
I've had limited viewings of Donnay. I just happened to see a couple games because I was checking out Connor McDavid, but it was hard to miss this kid on the ice because he's so big. Obviously he's very tall, but I wouldn't expect him to put on a ton of weight. He doesn't really seem have the frame to fill out to be a monster that weighs in at 240 or something. He has a build that's closer to Tyler Myers than Zdeno Chara. I think he'll play somewhere around 215, maybe 220 if he gets on a very good strength program.

From what I remember, his pivots need a lot of work. He was sloppy transitioning on the rush and got beat by forwards on the outside more than a few times. Likes to chip the puck out but he did rush the puck a few times. Actually remember him dekeing his way through an opposing forechecker. Other than his size, nothing was really remarkable about him. Definitely a project.

To add; One thing that I do remember is the Otters announcer saying that he had recently become more of a scrapper. He goes to bat for his teammates and answers the bell if needed, but he's not a guy who goes out and challenges heavyweights off the draw very much.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote