View Single Post
07-31-2013, 02:55 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I don't want to start the whole thing back up again (even though I know it will happen when I type this), but at least some of the people arguing with me about how Leighton is blame for the Cup loss in 2010 are the same people that will tell you that Leighton doesn't deserve the credit for the three shutouts that were recorded in the ECF. So intranslation: all the blame when the team loses, none of the credit when the team wins. Don't have to say he was the reason the team won those games or the reason they got to the Finals, because he certainly wasn't carrying the team, but getting three shutouts in the ECF deserves credit no matter how good your defense was (see: all the teams with better defenses or similar defenses to the Flyers who didn't get three shutouts in the Conference finals over the past however many decades you want to go back).
Just wanted to point out that Montreal was on its own unlikely run. That was a favorable matchup for the Flyers. Not trying to say this hasn't happened the last decade or that Leighton doesn't deserve some credit for those shutouts. My point is its just not the same.