: News Article:
Really good explaination of how Bergevin did right thing with subban.
View Single Post
07-31-2013, 09:39 PM
Join Date: Jan 2004
Originally Posted by
E = CH²
and question how much he had to do with the success we had this year.
1) Replaces a lame duck coaching staff with Therrien & his crew. From what I hear one or two of the assistants were MB's input.
2) Sends the Mexican/Honduras/Alaskan stand-up comic packing.
3) Revamps the professional scouting staff which leads to a few astute trades & signings that will be mentioned further down this long list.
4) Brings in Dudley Do Right to help with Gming the club.
5) Brings in Prust, Armstrong & Bouillon. Their veteran presence helped to gel the team.
6) His coach tells him two sub 20 rookies are ready to play in the NHL. He doesn't blink an eye and tells him to do what is right.
7) In the off season he cuts the dead weight ( like Campoli et al).
8) Cole made some very questionable comments. MB didn't panic and trade him between periods within the following week. He bid his time and made a very smart trade.
9) Within months the Habs went from an organization that Mike Milbury.....Mike pucking Milbury was making fun of and with good reason to an organization that started to approach the organization of the 80s & 90s. We'll wait a couple of more years to see if he is steering towards the one of the 50s, 60s & 70s.
I hope nine reasons are good enough for that lil devil of yours.
P.S. a 10th reason. his coach tells him Kaberle is a 4.5 mil liability. MB tells him to ignore the 4 & the 5 and look only at the zeros and play him accordingly.
Last edited by Habs Icing: 07-31-2013 at
View Public Profile
Habs Icing's albums
Find More Posts by Habs Icing