View Single Post
Old
07-31-2013, 11:53 PM
GrindNMuck

vCash: 500
Well i have watched him a lot through out his time in the OHL, And in his youth days. There is a lot of negatives about his game, but at the same time there is some positives.

I seen him play about 15 times in the OHL.

The negatives: His foot work, and acceleration is really bad. His pivots need tons of work, He is pretty sloppy transitioning on the rush, I have seen him get beat a lot, He needs to work on getting more physical in front of his net, and along the boards. It seems like he's scared to hurt the other player. He has to get a lot meaner, and not be scared to shove players out of the crease and in front of the goalie. He's WAY to tall and lanky, the way his body movement looks when hes about to take of on strides, and throw a hit you can tell his tallness takes over his ability to accelerate and move his feet quicker. He's 6"7-6"8 185 pounds. If he puts up 30 pounds and gets 215 pounds he will be good.

He is way to tall and skinny, to ever play close to professional hockey. guys like this that are very tall and completely bone skinny, get crushed.

The positives: Well obviously one is his size. He played around 20-25 minutes a game for Erie, And had a letter on his sweater. So he has that leadership role. But for his game play positives, His reach is a huge plus. And you can tell he has potential to become a shut down D. He likes plant him self around or in front of his goalie. I have seen him do this probably every time he is on the ice when i seen him.

-BUT there for. Other people, Scouts, and my self are all scratching our heads and saying what.? He's like a cone out there, There's other players out in the world that are better and deserve it than him. But I am very shocked to see this, VERY.

GrindNMuck is offline   Reply With Quote