View Single Post
Old
08-01-2013, 05:03 AM
Lorb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I am thinking along the line of this:

-By my count we have 19 forwards on 1-way deals or kids that I think more or less is ready.

-We have an issue on left D with our two top guys there overall and the third being our best, and only?, offensive threat from the blueline.

-We had a season destroying PP last season, the year before that, and the year before that.

We have done nothing this off-season to help our PP.

-We have a roster that isn't fully adjusted to AV (while the Gabby trade actually marked the start of a little more creative roster).

I do NOT like the roster we have now, but I do think it is CLOSE. A few moves should get us a lot closer. We haven't had a whole lot of flexibility this off-season. Stuff will happen during the year. There is a lot to talk about!
With a new coach, there has to be a lot of sifting during the first month of the season and attempting to address holes that are not glaringly obvious might be a little premature, especially given how tight the cap is with Stepan yet to be signed.

Pfftt, "a lot to talk about" always ends up back at Boyle, DZ, or our need to move Pyatt