View Single Post
Old
08-01-2013, 12:19 PM
tjziel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieottersnews View Post
The thought process of trading patterson now for picks, while his stock is still high, then using those picks to pick up say, darnell nurse, is a pretty good idea. The only problem i see with that is I'm not sure how trusting you can be of Stolarz. Yes he got very worn down last season and started to falter late in the season. I have no doubt he will improve this season, but if Stolarz happens to falter again, or he gets hurt, are you really willing to start Herbst on a Memorial Cup team?
Thanks, and you have a great point. My perspective is, this is also Liam Herbst's draft year and should get some OHL action in his draft (only deserving because of the surgeries he's endured and never gave up), so it would work hand in hand with trading Jake Patterson. Remember, Steve Mason in 2007, played 12 games in his draft year and still got picked as a NHL 3rd rounder. He would have been picked in the 1st round by Tampa Bay if he would have played more games. Also, I do trust Stolarz to be solid all season and in the playoffs. Even if Herbst were able to play 15-20 games, I expect that should be enough rest for Stolarz because he now knows how grueling the OHL schedule can be and is now prepared for it. Thanks for your input!