View Single Post
Old
08-01-2013, 12:55 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Undertaker View Post
McIlrath will slot into the top 4 eventually, no questions asked IMO. He's such an imposing figure on the ice that you always are aware of. Defensively solid, skates well, hits hard, imposing size, clears the crease, stands up for his teammates and can do so against heavies. When's the last time the Rangers have had that type of Defensemen?

His offensive game is meh, I will give you that, but with the right partner that can be easily corrected.

I really think we got lucky with this pick and after seeing him play live and how standoutish he was, I've become a huge Mc supporter.
More or less the way I see it. A d-man that big and mean who skates pretty well and has a clue about his position is going to play for somebody and probably for a long time. Another key is he's a right side guy and there's a hole for him to move into--both Girardi and Stralman are UFA's after this coming season and it wouldn't shock me at all if one of them or even both don't return. Apart from that there's a bottom pairing job. He also fits into the Jeff Beukeboom/Ulf Samuelsson school of snarl and by coincidence both our assistant coaches in our organization. Vigneault himself was a nasty defenseman so McIlrath seems to be in the right place at pretty much the right time.