View Single Post
08-01-2013, 01:02 PM
NYR Viper
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
fair enough. he is alot of that. as to us getting "lucky", we shall see.

my only disagreement with you is his skating, defensive awareness and decision making. those all need to get better. we can all live without big/any offensive numbers- we sure are used to that recently with our dmen arent we.

he may be an imposing, freakish prospect( and like you say, if you've seen him up close and in person he is pretty imposing), but all that isnt enough to be a top 4 guy playing 20 minutes a night against top 6 forwards if you cannot think your way around the ice. his efficiency of play must improve.

once he improves his on ice awareness, his lateral movement and stiff hips, and learns when to pinch and/or throw the body, he will most likely get his chance to be the player you describe.
He skates well and pivots well already. Not just for a guy his size either. He has good feet as well.

He hits well and he has gotten much better at picking his spots but he will always be a very physical player.

The Rangers have their Milan Lucic, he just happens to play defense instead of forward. I am 100% okay with that.

Do they need skill? Of course. I think it would have been nice to possibly go a bit riskier with some of the later 1st rounders that have followed instead of Miller or Skjei but they have a mold. They are going to a big team that skates well and is physical. He fits.

He also processes the game well. I'm not sure why you portray him as John Erskine of the AHL. The kid was playing top-pairing after missing half a season with a busted knee cap where he couldn't train or skate at all.