View Single Post
Old
11-04-2006, 12:12 AM
ToysInTheAttic

vCash: 500
My favourite? I would say Maurice Richard, though I never saw him play real time. The history of the Habs , in my opinion, justifies his selection.

I have been a Habs fan since 1965. So, here are my favourites by decade:

The 60's-

Jean Belliveau; the best playmaker ever. Henri Richard and Claude Provost; the best muckers ever. Yvan Corn....(sp?); pure speed and finesse. Harper, Laperierre..et al; anchored a brilliant defense. John "you are toast" Ferguson; good night Irene, the best enforcer ever. Worsley, Vachon; now there was a goal tending duo, in the days of the knights(without the masks).

The 70's-

Guy Lafleur; wwwooooaaaaahhhhhh Steve Shutt; sharpshooter Lapointe, Savard, Robinson, Bouchard...et al; the best defense ever . Ken Dryden; awesome.

The 80's-

Bob Gainey, Guy Carbonneau, Skrudland, Walter; stingy. Mats Naslund, Mike McPhee; clutch playmakers. Nilan; goodnight Irene#2, the 2nd best enforcer ever. Patrick Roy; stellar. Lemieux; annoying, glad he was playing for the Habs at this time. Best diving faker ever.

The 90's-

Patrick Roy; when you're hot, you're hot. John LeClair; the edge in 93.

This decade-

Still waiting for the miracle. Hope we keep the tradition alive and get a cup this decade. Until then, there are no GREAT Habs to speak of............................................

Honourable mention:

Roget Doucette; best Anthem singer ever, and spiffy dresser also.

Last edited by ToysInTheAttic: 11-04-2006 at 01:08 AM.
ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote