View Single Post
Old
08-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Ozz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I won a roller hockey championship a long time ago because the other team's goalie got thrown in jail and they brought a sub. Sub goalies were not allowed, we were down something like 6-1, the other team began taunting us and a guy on the bench said he didn't recognize the goalie-we should roster check them. We tell the refs, they go over to the front desk, a lot of discussion goes on and they come back and say the game's over, we win by forfeit. Needless to say the other team had some not nice things to yell at us as, I still have the score sheet to this day.
Good for taking it away from them but that takes a lot of fun out of the win overall, don't ya think? I'd rather have lost and played a good game but I suppose if you're FAR outclassed because of ineligible subs then that's no fair or good either. Could have turned it into a ridiculous fight first though, that's always good

I can't remember the circumstances but I remember once a couple of our guys were accidentally left off the updated playoff roster despite playing the whole season with us (neither were close to being one of our best players, but they were solid for sure). We got roster checked and they got the boot, we ended up playing with 1 sub for the remainder of the game and were able to come back and win it overall. By taking them out it allowed us to ice our best forwards more, so it ultimately was a perk for us. After all the hubbub w/the officials and our guys being kicked out, we went nuts and brought the game from very close to being a near blowout.