View Single Post
08-01-2013, 02:40 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Except PK was already worth a 4-5M salary. He was already a top 30 Dman in the NHL. Crosby was still developing, so was Kane, Toews, Malkin, and a bunch of others coming out of their ELC, doesn't mean they're not worth a long investment. We're not talking about a mid level prospect who had decent seasons.

Again, you can argue for the bridge deal, but the amount of money Bergevin gave showed he just didn't know PK well enough. The way Therrien used him for the early part of the year also reflects that.

What impatience? Not sure you really understand what I'm saying.
I have no issue building through the draft, and everybody wants to be good year in year out, forever. So what are you really talking about here??
I'm saying that we will have a better window in the years after the proposed subban five year contract would have been up than in the next 4 years.

I'm saying that bergevin is a better GM than gainey and gauthier ever were and if they can create, pretty much everything that we have right now, than bergevin should be able to do a better job with the future of the team....neither of us can say with certainty which regime will be better but I have a wild guess that it's bergevin. i'd rather have that cap space in the years when his draftee's start to come to fruition than in the era of the players of the old regime, because even though i know we can be a pretty good team right now and maybe adding that big name would be enough to push us to the top, i think there's a far better chance that are best years are still off in the distance. I think the development of our defence and a finding better number 2 is going to take longer than just 2-4 years.

There could have been cap savings in the immediate future, and there will be cap savings in the distant future. The amount we could have/will save are probabley around the same, but even if it was more savings sooner rather than later i would rather take it later, in the era I believe will have the better montreal canadiens core.

dreamingofdrouin* is offline   Reply With Quote