View Single Post
Old
08-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzsche Zone Play View Post
Dupuis is creating a lot more on his own, as evidenced by his team-leading (by far) iFenwick. he shot the puck towards the net 60 more times than any other Pen. I don't see the other areas of his game (speed, tenacity, willingness to go to difficult areas, and feel for his linemates) declining just yet so as long as his shooting keeps improving he should maintain his production.

Kunitz is bound to regress a bit thanks to a ridiculous sh% last year, but not by much.

Age is obviously a factor in the coming seasons, but considering their career arcs (esp Dupuis) relative to what general expectations are for almost any player, it's safe to say that predicting a decline from here on out might not be the safest bet.
Can you find that fenwick stat for the playoffs only? I think Dupuis is a great player for Sid against most defenses honestly. Its when the other team is able to focus on defending that line so well that it needs broken up. To me Dupuis just seems to struggle against top defenders. In general, he is good at creating his own offense and driving the play in our direction. That is exactly why I think he would have been so good on our 3rd line. I think a Dupuis-led 3rd line would have given Boston fits.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote