View Single Post
Old
08-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Sabre Dance
Jack Be Nimble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McG View Post
This is so dumb. Why does it matter that it was the captain who was traded? C or not he makes that trade - Buffalo is a rebuilding team and Pommer was an asset. Ottawa, Tampa Bay, the Islanders, Dallas, Calgary and Edmonton all lost (traded, bought out, left in FA) their captains, all of whom were longer serving captains than Pominville, at some point this year. The ones who were traded didn't get anywhere close to the package Regier did. You're making a problem out of nothing here.

These videos are fantastic, I've really loved the two draft related ones they've done. Wish they were longer. Also becomes clear that the rumoured trade up to 5 was in order to get Ristolainen, making the 2013 draft that much sweeter.
Im not making any problem, its just a fact that since Regier has been GM there has been no one I can call captain. Everyone is Captain for a couple years and gone.

Give me a captain for 5-6+ years. Its not really about Pominville, is about the Sabres identity. If you dont think leadership has been a problem for this team while Regier was GM then I dont know what team you have been watching.

People say its not a big deal, IMO its EVERYTHING wrong with Regier's rosters. Lack of leadership.

Sabre Dance is offline   Reply With Quote