View Single Post
Old
08-02-2013, 01:24 AM
kirby11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Unfortunately, there's no way around the bolded - it's true.

But the question I'm digging at is, outlier aside, where does he stand as a goalie?

In an insane alternate universe, somehow it's figured out by Miller that his value on the open market wouldn't be anything astronomical. If he's willing, are you willing to bring him back at a decent price to be the starting goaltender for the next 5 years?
I'd say no, personally. I'd rather roll with Hackett/Enroth, see what they bring, see what Makarov can do (later on in the proposed time span, of course) and, if we're icing a competitive team but need improved goaltending...sign a decent one in free agency.

I'm against building a team from the net out, cause there's only so much one player can do. Let's say that your team defense sucks...there's only so many pucks a goalie can stop before flubbed clears/loose rebounds/other things that can be reasonably deemed outside of his control turn into goals.

Conversely, there's LA from the past year. Quick and their D were, for the most part, up until the WCF, remarkably good, but their offense provided them with little to no support and couldn't bail them out as chicago did for crawford against the red wings and bruins

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote