Philly / Buffalo proposal
View Single Post
01-11-2004, 05:48 PM
Join Date: Jan 2003
Originally Posted by
I made three points toward the start of this miserable thread:
1. Gagne is overrated.
2. Biron is a minimal upgrade from Esche and, thus, Clarke wouldn't part with any significant assets to acquire him.
3. If Clarke is willing to add salary to boost his Cup run then he might be interested in Satan or Drury. Regier would probably ask for Williams or Carter in return.
Now what's the problem?
1. Perhaps. After two years ago when he was being dubbed the next Joe Sakic, he certainly was overrated. Right now, I think he is being undervalued by many. Last years performance was subpar due to an injury which required corrective surgery (a hole in his abdominal wall which led to chronic groin problems). He has played well so far, and his numbers are a little depressed, since he has been playing with Kieth Primeau for much of the season on the checking line (which is a testament to Hitchcocks confidence in his defensive play).
2. Biron is not even an upgrade to Esche. If you want to get value in return, offer up Miller or Noronen.
3. With the signing of Comrie, we have no need for Drury plain and simple. Satan is an upgrade to Williams, but not very much. Certainly not worth the disparity of their salaries alone. If we want to add 4 mil, we should add it to improve our blue line or the situation in net.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by MojoJojo