Thread: Ott
View Single Post
08-02-2013, 09:23 AM
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Sean McG View Post
Darcy was asked during a press conference earlier this offseason about re-signing Scott and Ott, and I forget exactly what he said, but he definitely suggested both would be signed. Obviously, Scott signed, but I'm really not sure why the Ott deal hasn't happened. Hopefully they don't let in drag into the season.
Looking back at Regier's history, he's shown a tendancy to sign the smaller fry first and work on the bigger deals as he goes. It's not very Covey. Much will depend on what Ott wants, especially because contenders view gritty players who can chip in a little offense like holy relics come the deadline and if Ott isn't signed by then, I expect he'll be put on the offering plate to the highest bidder.

I think a lot of what happens in the very near future is going to be dictated by how the Sabres come out of the gate this fall. An in-shape, prepared team with defined roles and responsibilities for its players could show some growth and then the trio of pending UFA's may start to think of this team as being all daisies and sunshine extension negotiations. Or, it's possible they are all looking at the ever-shrinking list of 2014 summer UFA's and are expecting big paydays on July 1st.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote