Old
08-02-2013, 10:23 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
As much as some people don't want to admit it the chances of Laughton going back to juniors is very slim.

Homer said towards the end of the year that Laughton had nothing left to prove there in his opinion. Unless something catastrophic happens Laughton will be playing in the Flyers lineup somewhere next year.

I also don't think the Adam Hall re-signing has any effect on Laughton. IMO it was just another depth signing & another body to have available. Lavi was mostly using him at wing last year anyway so I don't think there's any guarantees that he'll be the 4C over Laughton.
Don't get me wrong, I am all for Laughton playing on this team if he is capable of carrying the load, I just didn't think it was going to be as a winger. I can't imagine having Laughton on the 4th line and McGinn/Akeson/Straka/whomever on the third line. I think the only place to put Laughton is on the wing on that third line. 4th line doesn't make sense because of the personnel that the Flyers have (Hall for 4C, one of the lesser young guys at 3W). To me it seems like it's going to be Laughton on the wing or Laughton back in juniors (barring some unforseen signing like Gagne). If Gagne is signed then I can see Gagne at 3W and Laughton at 4C, however that would likely mean Rosehill or Hall would be demoted, most likely Hall as the Flyers like to have a Rosehill-type guy on the roster.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote