Thread: Player Discussion: Tye McGinn
View Single Post
08-02-2013, 11:34 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Don't get me wrong, I am all for Laughton playing on this team if he is capable of carrying the load, I just didn't think it was going to be as a winger. I can't imagine having Laughton on the 4th line and McGinn/Akeson/Straka/whomever on the third line. I think the only place to put Laughton is on the wing on that third line. 4th line doesn't make sense because of the personnel that the Flyers have (Hall for 4C, one of the lesser young guys at 3W). To me it seems like it's going to be Laughton on the wing or Laughton back in juniors (barring some unforseen signing like Gagne). If Gagne is signed then I can see Gagne at 3W and Laughton at 4C, however that would likely mean Rosehill or Hall would be demoted, most likely Hall as the Flyers like to have a Rosehill-type guy on the roster.
Whether Laughton makes the team has a huge bearing on whether they sign Gagne or not.

Talbot-Couts-Read is the 3rd line
Rinaldo-Laughton-Hall is the 4th line and you don't need Gagne, esp. with guys like McGinn, Raffl, Akeson, available as call ups.

If Laughton gets sent back to Jr., and I still think this is a possibility, his offensive game will only improve with another year in Jr, WJC, captain of the Gens, etc. A lot will depend on how good he looks at camp.

I don't want to see Hall demoted either, he is a good big vet player who showed he can still skate.

We'll have to wait and see what other tricks Homer has up his sleeve. I am not sure he's really done for the summer yet.

In some ways, I'd rather see McGinn get a shot, send Laughton back, and don't sign Gagne unless Read or Talbot get dealt as part of a package with Meszaros to get another young D.

McGinn showed real promise, good hands, hits tons, smart. He will play this year.

Last edited by Larry44: 08-02-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote