View Single Post
Old
08-02-2013, 12:03 PM
tjziel

vCash: 500
If I were Mark Hunter.....(Fantasy)

Keep in mind, I know this is very unlikely, but I would love to show you guys an absolutely stacked roster the London Knights could assemble for 2014. Now this would be considered mortgaging the future so I know this isn't gonna happen but I can't resist...If I were Mark Hunter I would do the following:
  1. Trade Jake Patterson to a contending team (like Guelph or Windsor), for a pair of second round picks.
  2. Turn those second round picks into currency to trade for Darnell Nurse along with Owen MacDonald (OHL 2nd round pick), Corey Pawley, (maybe) John DiLorenzo and a 3rd round pick (2014). I know all of you people think the trade market for these guys is huge, but its actually not that much. Here's a trade made last year that reminds me of what the market could be for Darnell Nurse.

WSR-
    Slater Koekkoek (NHL first round pick like Darnell Nurse, from a rebuilding team like PBO/SSM)

PBO-
    Michael Clarke (OHL 2nd round pick like Owen MacDonald and very similar, and to sweeten we also trade Corey Pawley)
    Sar's 2nd Rnd '14 (These are the picks we received by trading Jake Patterson)
    Niag's 2nd Rnd '15

3. Trade for Sean Monahan by trading Mitchell Marner, Jacob Jammes, and (maybe) Santino Centorame along with a second round pick and 2 third round picks. Here's what I see the market being for Sean Monahan this year. Here's a similar trade made last year, that IMO would have the same value although different circumstances:

SAG
    Zach Bratina (similar to Mitch Marner being an OHL first round pick)
    3rd Rnd '16 (similar to the Barrie 3rd round pick we hold in 2014)
    2nd Rnd '15 (cond.) (similar to the Barrie 2nd pick we hold in 2015)
    Kit's 3rd Rnd '15 (cond.) (I know its conditional but similar to the KGN 3rd round pick we also hold in 2014)

PLY
    Vincent Trocheck (Although not a NHL first round pick like Monahan, he's the OHL MVP from last year. Great on face-offs and does it all like Monahan can.)

So now you know what I would like Mark Hunter to do, here's what this roster could potentially look like after the completion of these trades, with 7 NHL first rounder's on our roster: Domination!

Domi - Horvat - McCarron
Elie - Monahan - Anderson
M. Rupert - Tierney - R. Rupert
Hamelin - Welychka - Platzer

Nurse - Maatta
Zadorov - Liberati
Mermis - Sefton

Stolarz
Herbst

This roster is absolutely sweet!! Guaranteed 2014 Memorial Cup parade at the end of the year, if this can be assembled at least after the trade deadline. Tell me what you guys think!!

Last edited by tjziel: 08-02-2013 at 12:22 PM.