View Single Post
Old
08-02-2013, 12:12 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think its the underlying reason that people whine for a coaching change -- so they can get a new guy that they can project their hopes and dreams onto.

Unfortunately, the realism of rosters catch up with new coaches and this sort of attitude. I find it incredible that people could watch this happen with the Rangers over and over again, and still moan about how the coach (whoever it may be) is the problem and not the guy that hired that coach and built an inadequate roster.
Agree--though with the caveat that 'maybe' Torts days here had come. Really though bringing in Nash meant losing a lot of guys that were important to the success of the 2011-12 team and Slats did a really ****** job of replacing them. Sather during his time here has made a number of good moves/trades--he's also had a lot of stinkers--some of which he was able to pawn off on other teams. His first few seasons as GM of the Rangers were atrocious.

The main thing is if you want to score a lot of goals--1) you need the right personnel and 2) usually there's a defensive trade off--as you tend to give up more goals. Really to me this constant mantra 'we don't score enough' is overrated. To me scoring enough comes down to scoring one more goal than the opposition in any given game.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote