View Single Post
Old
08-02-2013, 05:32 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
I can put up with a lot of rubbish posted here (mainly as I post a lot of it), but this is just one of the dumbest things I've read on here lately.

Pinning that on Allen? Jesus christ.

He left his own man - who ends up scoring the game winning goal - only to fail at a diving pokecheck and plow into our goaltender which prevented him from making a save. True, Sbisa getting beat was the beginning of all of it, but Allen completely misplayed the situation and made it ten times worse.

So maybe you don't like Hiller going for the poke check? Well he did... and ultimately it stopped Nyquist from scoring. And if you re-watch the play again, you'll notice that he's still in a reasonable position to get over and stop Brunner from tapping the puck in before he gets knocked on his ass by his own defenseman.

So yes, maybe I'm wrong pinning the entire breakdown on him, but he's ultimately the reason we lost that game. Instead of ignorantly calling another person dumb, you should review the footage and watch him make a terrible decision that blows the game.

For the record, I don't have any sort of ill-will towards him either. I'm expecting a nice bounce back season from him because I know that last year had to be the worst of his career.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote