View Single Post
Old
08-02-2013, 06:36 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I don't think a black guy saying it is the same as a white guy. I don't think anyone should say it, but white has obviously racist undertones. I don't think that black people should say it either, let me state again. It doesn't make it okay to say, but Cooper being white makes a bad thing worse due to the history our country has. That is public perception.

It's been mentioned before, but I really wish the media would stop harping on interracial violence as a hot point. Violence is violence. Whether it's racially fueled, sexual orientation, political leanings, pizza toppings, violence is violence. The sooner people aren't so quick to say black on white crime, or white on black crime, the sooner we are to having a less prejudiced society.
I wasn't going for a black/white thing there, I used him as an example because of his status in the league. I was just saying what if McCoy got caught on camera saying a racial (towards another race) or homophobic slur similar in Cooper's situation but a different slur.

I wonder if people would be clamoring for the book being thrown at him if the roles were reversed seeing as McCoy's a top player & not a run of the mill type player like Cooper.

The second part was me just laughing at how much of hypocrites the Eagles players are.