View Single Post
Old
08-02-2013, 06:57 PM
mypunkrock

vCash: 500
Earliest: Kate Smith played over the school loud speaker during the 1997 SCF.

Primeau's 5OT goal, I can remember being woken up by the radio at 2am.

2004. A team that was all guts, and Primeau's inhuman playoffs.

2008. My gf at the time was a Flyers fan, and we had our fraternity formal in a PA Holiday Inn. We spent more time in the bar watching the playoffs versus the Caps than dancing. For other games in the series, I'd be at the frat house before parties, telling people to **** so I could watch. Would stand for whole games.

2010. The shifts. The Comeback. I had moved to Arizona in late 2009, pirating games and praying we could win. My mom still tells me about going to see the 74 and 75 parades. Her favorite player was Orest Kindrachuk.

2012. The girl I was dating had cable, and we watched both the Pens and Devils series. Go *******, fool around, etc etc.

Tangentially related: I was at the Wach when the Phantoms won the Calder Cup during the lockout. That place was complete and utter pandemonium. And it was deafening. Also went to see the Spectrum be closed out in the Phantoms v. Flyers game with the 2008 gf.

Lots of transplants in Phoenix, most are Canucks fans. But I am one of the only Flyers fans I have seen.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote