View Single Post
Old
08-03-2013, 12:21 AM
jarmoismyhero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I really don't know why people think the Pietro contract is likely to be short term. Anyway, Armstrong's off-season plan has come together beautifully, despite missing out on his first couple options at Center (and going with Roy). The salary structure makes sense. All the team's holes have been addressed (although you can argue about how well Roy will fit there....but its a 1 year deal so, hard to complain given what other options were left).

There are a few ways the Pietro contract could be shaped. I can see why this negotiation is taking more time....but that makes me think its also more likely that we're looking at a longer term deal, too.

I'm looking forward to this season more than any season I can remember. I think the Blues are a legit contender this year, at least during the regular season. It remains to be seen whether they have the chops to have post-season success, but the team is built to contend.
I was probably the most pissed off fan in the immediate aftermath of the Roy signing for a lot of reasons however if he can get Petro signed for minimum of 6 years than he will have performed masterfully this offseason.

I was not a mad as some with the Stewart signing I just came to grip with the fact he is most likely going to be traded within the time span of the contract. I actually really liked the Perron trade and think MSP is going to fit in great with this Blues team and if he lives up to his potential he could blow Perron out of the water. Locking up Shatty and Jaybo to the deals he did was amazing, same with MSP. Just needs to go longterm with Petro and this will be the best offseason the Blues have had that I can remember.

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote