View Single Post
Old
08-03-2013, 12:41 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Briere has been and still is my favorite player which is what made last year particularly painful for me. He used to be so dynamic. He could create chances out of seemingly nothing. But he appears to have totally lost that ability. LOD is right. He totally destroyed any chemistry with whatever players he was with. In particular, he assisted in ruining what could have been a break out year for Brayden Schenn.

Maybe he can resurrect himself like Selanne did, but I don't have high hopes for that. Your best bet is to carry him along for the ride then hope he can bust out some playoff magic when you get there. Though, he did still have his scoring touch as recently as the 2012 playoffs, so it wouldn't shock me to see him pot 25+ goals another time. There's reason for hope as long as you're not relying on him for primary scoring (which you're not, so it's all good).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
If paired with a good playmaker, there's some hope. Since he's been with the Flyers, his best years/stretches have come alongside Vinny Prospal and Ville Leino. I also swore by the opportunity of putting him at LW, but it never happened. He's a sniper now, and still has a ridiculous shot. Get him on his forehand and he should score some points. Also let him sneak down to the side of the net and slam dunk some loose pucks in...he's good at that too.

He's got very little speed, average I'd say at this point. And I'm sure you're well aware of his lack of defense...enjoy that too. He's honestly best suited for about 10-12 mins a night of ES time, and as much PP time as possible at this point.
much appreciated! Yeah his reputation on D has definitely preceded him. At this point, if he can be an improvement on Ryder I'll be happy. Otherwise it seems like a pretty useless signing. We already have to give Desharnais sheltered minutes so the idea of having another player like that isn't too exciting.

Oh yeah one last thing, I heard, true or not, that he wasn't very good on the wing(guess it was RW considering sobrien's post). Is he that much better at center? I'm just worried he'll be relegated to the wing and be even a bigger liability.