View Single Post
Old
08-03-2013, 09:24 AM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
I think if Schiefele played put up a couple of points and London won and Bo didn't score Mark picks up MVP.

There were 2 options for MVP ... Horvat or Schiefele.
Agree both were solid,though I think if Scheifele put up a couple of pts ,and London wins with no pts from Bo,Horvat still gets MVP,after all Schiefele had 18 more pts in the playoffs despite missing the final game vs Ldn and still could not garner the MVP award
Dont recall ever seeing a large disparity in pts between 2 players where both played into the finals and the won with the least amt won
Not that I am knocking Horvat,my support for him has been consistent,and has aresknights says he outplayed OHL players with alot more exp and older then him,which makes me think he is NHL ready now,nothing left to prove in Jr
The fact the Knights are hosting the Mem Cup is irrelevant to me
Hey if I were a Knights fan I would be afraid to lose him early too
The Knights the past 2 seasons have been pretty fortunate not to lose anybody early to graduation to the pros,perhaps this year that changes
It should be noted that both times the Spits won the Mem Cup,in 2008/2009 Josh Bailey left early to play for the Islanders, a mistake by the Islanders btw,and in 2009/2010 Andre Loktionov graduated early because he was not drafted from Windsor,but Russia and was sent to the AHL by LA
My point being the Windsor teams twice overcoming unexpected adversity player wise to win it all,maybe this happens to London for once
I seem to recall the last time the Knights won a Mem Cup there was a lockout/strike
situation and they had home ice too boot unless I am wrong on both accounts