View Single Post
Old
08-03-2013, 11:58 AM
25get

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut and Dry Sports View Post
This myth that the Mooseheads didn't have a good defense is garage. Purely based upon peoples knowledge of how good the offense was so it's assumed they were just throwing 6 guys out there on the blue line and outscoring everyone.

So false. The group was very functional, under rated I would say because of just how good the offense was. Credit also needs to be given to the forward group for their defensive play, and Dominic Ducharme for how well the plays bought into his system all year. Halifax played great team defense, from the goalie out.

I don't know how good Fucale will end up being in the NHL, but based off of what I've seen so far, I'm sure he'll be pretty solid.
The scouts did not saw in Moose d-men as very good.
On Halifax's defense, one D was picked in 6th (Weegar) and another one in 7th (Abeltshauser).
All other d-men from Halifax were not drafted.

Just to compare, the Knights had two d-men picked in first and one in second.
Portland also had two d-men picked in first round, a second round and a fifth round.
Even the Blades, who entered in Memorial cup by the back door, had a first rounder, a second rounder and a 5th rounder.

So I guess that team defense is a must and as you say, the system they were applying must have been good.

Last edited by 25get: 08-03-2013 at 12:29 PM.
25get is offline   Reply With Quote