08-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
In 48 games, fading at the end.

If the following happens, we will be looking at a top 10 pick:

1. Price is mediocre
2. Gally and Chuckie have sophomore slumps.
3. Briere is Briere of last year.
4. Bourque does a disappearing act.
5. DD does not adjust his play and learn how to be effective at his size.
6. Moen continues to play with no heart.
7. Parros does not fight smaller tough guys who **** with our talent.
8. Tinordi struggles.
9. No forward prospect steps it up. I'm looking at you, LL. And also CT.
10. We have more than average injury problems. This is very likely on D.

That is a lot of things that can go wrong. Not saying that all of that will happen, but if it does, then top 5 pick looks likely.

This team simply has too many question marks. That's why I call it a building team.

Still, should be a fun season, and I cheer for Habs through the best, and the worst.
Seeing your post quoted so many times (and here's one more!) made me notice something interesting: Most of your points already happened this past season.

1. Price is mediocre (already happened. Price started great but ended up mediocre to poor)
2. Gally and Chuckie have sophomore slumps. (Might happen. More likely Gallagher regresses a bit but Galchenyuk improves. Net gain, IMO)
3. Briere is Briere of last year.(Very possible. We might lose some goals with Briere replacing Ryder)
4. Bourque does a disappearing act. (Bourque disappeared for half the season with that concussion)
5. DD does not adjust his play and learn how to be effective at his size. (Ahem...already happened.)
6. Moen continues to play with no heart. (Sigh... already happened.)
7. Parros does not fight smaller tough guys who **** with our talent. (Even if that happens, nobody filled that role last season anyway, so no net loss)
8. Tinordi struggles. (Possible)
9. No forward prospect steps it up. I'm looking at you, LL. And also CT. (This wouldn't make us any worse than last year, just not any better)
10. We have more than average injury problems. This is very likely on D. (The big x-factorthat no one can predict)

I know you were just giving a worst-case scenario and not actually predicting these things to happen, but it seems that the Habs played last season with most of those worst-case examples in place -- and still won their division. The biggest and most unpredictable element is injuries. I agree that we would be screwed if a couple of key D go down.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote