Are you/do you think you will be happy with the Briere signing?
View Single Post
08-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Join Date: Jul 2007
Originally Posted by
This will no doubt make me sound more like a logician than a hockey fan but here are five possibilities (with subsets of four of them) that you didn't consider:
1) Briere and/or Gionta might be traded or waived.
2) Briere and/or Gionta might be injured at playoff time.
3) One or both might be replaced by a prospect.
4) One or both might excel in the playoffs.
5) The Habs may not make the playoffs.
1. I considered this. It doesn't matter. That could've been done anyway. Still stupid to sign Briere.
2. So could Max and Bourque. Then we have ALL smurfs up front.
3. With all due respect though, so what? What does this have to do with anything? How does Briere make any difference there?
4. Great. But the team as a whole is still too small to go anywhere.
5. Well, that's true too. I don't think that would've been as much of a possibility if we'd gotten a larger forward up front though.
View Public Profile
Lafleurs Guy's albums
Find More Posts by Lafleurs Guy