Thread: Ott
View Single Post
Old
08-03-2013, 09:11 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

vCash: 500
I like his energy, tenacity, physical play and his personality in general but I don't consider Ott untouchable. If a fringe playoff team comes calling offering their 1st (which would be in the 16-21 range) and their 4th or 5th best prospect I'd gladly move Ott. It would have to be more then just a mid 1st round pick though, I value him more then that but if a team will offer another good piece I would move him. He's on the wrong side of 30 now turning 31 in two weeks and really how long can a player like Ott who uses his body as a projectile missile really last? We have seen Kaleta at the ripe age of 26 practically on IR more then he's not due to his play style which is close to Otts.

I like him as a 3rd liner but be doesn't belong in a top 6. For the ice time he receives, he should be doing much more in the offensive zone. I appreciate his physicality, his 2 way play, penalty kill and face off ability but I need my top 6 forwards to put up 40-50+ points. Otts adept defensive play and 35 points a season look nice on the 3rd line, not the 1st or 2nd.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote