View Single Post
Old
08-04-2013, 01:20 AM
Jakomyte

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Briefly looked the article. Even if we somehow manage to come out even on the cash side (highly unlikely) over the upcoming years, it doesn't matter. It still misses the main point.

This is the third time this topic has come up and nothing has changed. No matter how you slice it, you don't lowball your best players the way we did. MB handled this in a clumsy very stupid way and we're lucky PK didn't demand a trade. Hopefully MB learns from this and doesn't do it with Galchenyuk. If he does he deserves a good shooting.

That is all.
Wait, we're upset that our GM signed our players at a good price? I don't get it. You complain when he overpays, you complain when he underpays because its not 'respectful', or something.

Bergevin gave Subban a contract based on what he had earned up to that point in his career, instead of giving him a contract based on potential, which is what lots of other GMs are giving in to with their young players these days, and some of them end up getting burned big time when those players don't reach their potential. I just don't get why MB is getting flamed for this contract. Its very easy to say that Subban was worth more money now, after a Norris-winning season.

I don't think it will be a problem paying Subban what he deserves now that he has actually earned it.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote