View Single Post
Old
08-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Habsterix*

vCash: 500
There is no doubt in my mind that PK will have his pay day, and it will be well deserved, another Norris in his pocket or not. He's has taken some serious leaps this past season and should take more this coming season.

I personally love the fact that the team will be negotiating with him as a RFA instead of as a UFA, where they could lose him for nothing. Even if a team was to sign him to an offer sheet, the amount would have to be very high so the maximum compensation for the Habs to even think of not matching:
  • Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd
  • Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

The nice thing also is that if Subban signed an offer sheet, there can't be a NTC or NMC to the contract (see Shea Weber) which means that the Habs could match (therefore keeping him) and if they choose to do so, they could trade him to the most offering team down the road (instead of having to deal with restriction of a NTC or NMC), after waiting the minimum time of one year.

The Habs are in a great position and as a fan of the logo in front of the jersey instead of the number and name in the back, I can't complain.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote