View Single Post
08-04-2013, 02:06 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
there were a lot of teams high on McIrath Idk how people arent excited to get him in the NHL I wish he was ready to bounce Stralman..
I like McIlrath.

I think he has more talent than people give him credit for, while I also think he is a little rougher around the edges than his biggest boosters acknowledge.

However, and I think this is something guys like Clarke and Co would sign under on instantly, there is a big bust potential with a player like McIlrath.

I believe many, me included, is a bit afraid of that too. I don't mind "6th D" one bit. I really don't. You can find steals at 10, but many really high draft picks never become that great at all. And if you go BPA, you can get someone who isnt what you are tryin to build. McI got a tremendous physical prescense. He will give this org an improved physical attitude if he plays here.

The problem is just if he never is better than the competition. If he never becomes better than Moore/Stralman and he likes.

I think he has come a long way from two seasons ago. Establishing yourself in the AHL is never easy.

Now he just gotta take that last step.