View Single Post
Old
08-04-2013, 04:08 PM
is the answer jesus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
I never said unmotivated. He is however a very dumb Hockey player. He was a dumb Hockey player in the WHL and he still is nothing has changed. You accuse me of hyperbole and then say that his good stretches are twice the length of his bad stretches. I didn't know that playing 60 terrible games and 20 good games a season is somehow twice as many good to bad.

There's always some underlying excuse when it comes to Myers. "He was great the last 20 games of the season without Morrisson!" "His offense was non existent all year but he played better after the trade deadline" "Lindy Ruff! Lindy Ruff! Lindy Ruff!". The fact of the matter is there are quite a few young defensemen who are better than Myers that don't need excuses made for them every week.
Spot on. Nice to see some people calling it as it is. I still think Myers can be a valuable defenseman for us, but I don't see this "franchise defender" that so many see. Outside of his rookie year it's been more bad than good. This year is the make or break year for me. Let's see how he handles playing big minutes on what will seemingly be an average to below average team. I'm hoping he changes my opinion of him, because at it stands now I wish we would have traded him a year and a half ago when his value was much higher.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote