View Single Post
Old
08-04-2013, 05:18 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Ah, inspiring to see someone who has watched hockey for a long time and who has seen the good old days.

You'll also remember that Guy Lafleur pretty much sat at the end of the bench for his first couple of seasons. You'll remember how most prospects started with the farm club, being called up from time to time to "get a taste" of 5-star hotels, first-class flights, and see where they were at in comparison to NHL caliber competition. What's changed is that those young players today, if they are smart, are set for life after their first contract, earning more in 3 years than most will do in their lifetime. They need to find other motivation than the need to work for a living.
Thanks, to give inspiration to any of our Habs family here is a joy, only too happy to achieve that result.

Guy Lafleur's career is one I followed with a fervor I'm sure lots of Hab fans did at the time. While those first three years were surely some of his hardest, they molded the Heroic deeds that ensued from Le Demon Blond. All Hab fans remember Guy flying down the ice with his blond hair flowing behind as if caught in a jet-stream.

I believe that the passion of players like Guy, Teemu Selanne and many others will always provide their motivation and coaches merely steer the energy and leadership.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote