Old
08-04-2013, 07:52 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
On a really minor note, I was there today for Team Canada's practice. Only got the last 15 minutes of team 1, got the entire practice of team 2. So team 1...tough to analyse. Hudon looked great.

Team 2...well MacKinnon for at least the first 30 minutes was scoring at will with some tremendous wristers. Precise and so hard. Let say contrary to McDavid who looked better in the last part of the practice with some really good snipes, not as hard, but really smooth and precise. Some big guys were flying out there, there weren't any games but just some situation and it should be nervewracking to see Gauthier-Rychel-Mantha coming at you, all 3 big guys and skating pretty well though. Rychel seems to have quite some jump. I will always love Heatherington, such a big guy especially upper body. Will need to work on his first steps but you do just know that he's going to make it somehow. Didn't notice too much Bobby Orr....euh I mean Morgan Rielly. I like goalie Paterson today, pretty atheletic and spectaculr. Comrie had his moments so did Fucale. But like I said on Zach's thread, will need to work on the glove side. Looked better than the Habs dev. camp though. If they'd use only today as an indication of who starts and who makes the team, actually I'd have Paterson starting and Comrie assisting. Thank god today meant nothing....

On the back end, Finn and Pulock struggled today with their balance, passes and pass receptions. Morrissey, while frail, looked good. In Team 1, I did have the time to notice how small Petan was looking but so was Leipsic. I know...didn't have to watch them to actually know it....but it's even clearer when you do watch them and compare them to the rest. I don't think anybody else was that much memorable. Was really just a practice with no really contact or even game situations.....

On a funny note, unless I'm mistaken, everybody had their names on their jersey and the guy in charge of that succeeded in mispelling Émile Poirier name with POIRER.
Patteron is rather awful. I have no worries about him usurping Fucale. His play in the Memorial Cup was brutal.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote