View Single Post
Old
08-05-2013, 08:07 AM
ocarina

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
You're right. He IS underweight from what we'd expect out of a professional hockey player. However, reading some of the comments here you'd think the kid was emaciated and on his death bed.

I doubt that the team would have extended Donnay an ELC unless they were somewhat confident that he could put on the weight to succeed at the professional level. And honestly, that's not going to be the 50 pounds that some are looking for. If he's 195 now, it's unlikely that he's ever going to weigh in at more than 210 or so. And I think that will be fine.
I think there are so many comments because it is so unusual to see a tall guy be so skinny. I follow the recruiting world for my low-major school in basketball, and even there, it's pretty rare to find a guy with measurables like Donnay's. The 6'7 and taller guys tend to be at least 200 pounds.

From what I've read, I don't really get why they gave him an NHL contract, he seems like too massive of a project to be worth a contract spot at this point. They better at least get Tolchinsky signed, he would actually be worth a contract spot IMO.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote