View Single Post
Old
08-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Snotbubbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
I think the worst part is the fact that this team used to be somebody. Yeah, the Phillies in the late 90s, early 2000s sucked but you know they sucked and they never really did anything. With this team you've got a collection of guys who led this team to a championship or helped them get close over the past 5 years. And now they can't do anything to stop the downslope. It is just so sad to watch.

Particularly sad cause I feel like there were still ways to make this team work last offseason if the GM had any competence. Instead our big signing was Mike Adams and he put a bunch of bandaids on the rest of the team. I wish that idiot was forced to be out on the field every game to suffer what he's putting these guys through.
The Phillies are screwed. Amaro gutted the farm to "go for it" and now it's time to pay the piper. It's not gonna get any better until Howard, Utley and all the old guard are gone. The Phillies had a shot to begin the rebuild by selling off pieces this year, but instead, they want to extend Utley (for what I believe is basically face recognition for the fanbase to sell tickets). I don't blame Amaro for "going for it", but I don't have much faith that he can rebuild this team into a winner.