View Single Post
Old
08-05-2013, 01:20 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
it might be, but he wouldnt be playing anytime soon here with Howard under contract through 2016 . To me Amaro's two worst moves are sending Lee to Seattle for two pitchers who cant throw strikes along with a CF with drug issues, and signing Howard a year and half before he was a free agent paying him through the age of 36.
I think people really overlook that trade because the Phillies got Lee back anyway. That was literally one of the worst, if not the worst, trade I have ever seen. I mean, given that Lee was coming off a great season, an even better postseason, and an excellent World Series showing, they sold him for pennies on the dollar. That haul was utter garbage. I was hoping to get someone like Justin Smoak or Dustin Ackley from the Mariners, not the heaping pile of **** that they got.

I don't remember if it was him or Gillick, but the Halladay trade and the original Lee trade were excellent trades. That crop of players I don't think will ever bring to their current teams what Roy and Cliff brought to the Phils.

edit: I guess Smoak wasn't on the Mariners when Lee was traded to them, they got him from the Rangers for Lee. My point still stands: someone of Smoak's ilk.