Thread: Proposal: NJD - ANA - OTT (+NYR twist)
View Single Post
Old
08-05-2013, 02:56 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
A budget of 100 million and a budget of 200 million are not the same.

No, but Sather I'm sure wouldn't mind paying a player like Henrique for future production now with a 7 year contract that would of course be hard for the Devils to match or not. Where did I say overpay? You don't have to overpay a player in order to throw a wrench into a teams plans.
There's this thing called the salary cap.. that's the budget I was talking about. It kinda prohibits teams from acting on a budget of 100 million, let alone 200 million.

You keep thinking about how it would screw with the other team but aren't considering how it would work with the offering team at all. Do the Rangers need a player like Henrique? Does he fit in with the roster? Does he work with the system? Will his cap hit (overpayment or not) hurt the team in the future re: signing players?

Offer sheets rarely happen because its a matter of ridiculous timing. Not only does the RFA have to hit the market but he also has to want to leave his current team for your team, fit in with your roster/system and have a cap hit that will be manageable for your team while disastrous for the other.

Again, I ask where all these revenge offer sheets are? They certainly do exist but you're kidding yourself if you think GMs throw offer sheets for revenge purposes without care for the impact on their own team. How the player fits into your future plans comes first and foremost.. revenge is only talked about on HFBoards.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote