View Single Post
Old
08-05-2013, 03:30 PM
HOOats

vCash: 500
Saw the USA-Sweden game in Placid yesterday. Very entertaining, physical game. I was the only person out of about 100 rooting for the Swedes. Possler played first line and first PP with Collberg and Wennberg. Nothing stood out too much, but he was solid. That hit with less than a minute left in the game got a rise out of the crowd. Some nice stick lifts and possession plays on the PP. Found himself involved in a number of physical situations, including a jumping 360 to absorb a triple team hit at center ice. He'll be a fun follow in the years to come, especially if he can add some bulk.

On a side note, I'm not overly impressed by Compher. He looks strange on his skates and in his equipment, and his frame looks rather slight. Not sure he'll ever carry more than 185 unless he gets adopted by the Wolverine football team. Seems like a Roy/Kaleta hybrid that may get stuck in the middle. The player Montreal selected with the pick prior, Jacob De La Rose, was far more impressive physically and skill-wise. Just my two cents.

HOOats is offline   Reply With Quote