Thread: Proposal: NJD - ANA - OTT (+NYR twist)
View Single Post
Old
08-05-2013, 04:34 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
For any kind of guarantee Ottawa would have to offer sheet Stepan first. To get Stepan they're probably going over $5mil and for several years and maybe substantially over $5 mil and then you'd have to wait out the period for the Rangers to match. Generally in Rangers land it's figured Stepan is going to sign for several years somewhere in the $5 mil range. So to get him to move a team is probably going to have to overpay and to a point where the Rangers wouldn't match. Good luck with that.

Then turn around and trade Spezza?--for the package outlined by the threadstarter? I just don't know. Ottawa fans would certainly be confused. Why go to all this trouble just to try to make the New Jersey Devils a better team when you're not substantially making your own team better (and acting like a tool (or fool) for LL pissing off the Rangers management)--maybe even worse? I mean WTF! That's what I'd be thinking if I were a Senators fan.
What the hell are you going on about

Let's go over this again.

Even if revenge was in the cards.. why is Sather mad at Lou for the Senators offer sheeting one of his players?

May as well be mad at Anaheim also I guess.. he should just offer sheet all the RFAs!! In fact, since the OP proposed this trade, Sather should go out and try to buy the OP's employer and get him fired.. right?

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote