View Single Post
Old
08-05-2013, 06:57 PM
habsfanatics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Rask and Thomas can be as good as they are, their stats are going to take a hit playing for the Habs, the same way that Price's stats would take a bump in a positive direction if he played for the Bruins.

You can't deny the fact that our D is just not strong enough around our own net and our PK was atrociously bad. Those two points is the difference between Price's save% in the final month and before Emelin was injured. Emelin went down, our PK got worse and our defense in front of our own net got worse. Couple that with Price's injury and you have why he fell off in the final month. That anomaly month is not the norm you want to believe it is.

I made no mention that Price is better than Rask or Thomas. Both those goalies were capable of getting to the cup final. However, so were Crawford and Niemi. All four of those goalies played behind defenses that were a lot better than ours.

Once Price gets a competent defence, his play will be able to go into the next tier.
His play will likely improve, yes. I'm not hating on Price here, but to say he would have the same numbers as two of the best goalies in the league is precisely why I feel he is still being overrated. Every excuse in the book is made for his poor play. The team defense was one of the very best in the league this year. A hard point to understand for some, apparently.

Of course his one month collapse is not his normal play, if it was he wouldn't be a starting goaltender. He was bad, it's ok to say so.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote