Thread: Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Jamie Tardif
View Single Post
Old
08-06-2013, 04:37 AM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
I'm not a huge Amerks fan but I keep track of them enough to know what's going on. While I know Mancari had a questionable on-ice ethic (many times took long shifts and looked selfish or lazy) you can't deny the offense he brought. 61 points in 76 games played. We've not had great talent at the AHL level but Mancari is a good AHLer who many including myself were pleased to get back last summer. We just so happened to upgrade offensively IMO but losing Mancari would have hurt a lot if we hadn't gotten Zigomanis and Tardif. Luckily the Amerks were able to get both of those players so we actually got better and Mancari leaving shouldn't sting.
I think just the culture the guy brings is addition by subtraction. 61 points is great but the way the guy plays and his work ethic isn't a good thing to have rub off on a young team. Sadly I think Luke Adam is slowly going down that road too but I'm hoping that all of the new leadership and hard workers can kick his ass back into the player he's capable of being.

Anyways the Amerks have had good teams on paper going into the season before. The problem is that when the line-up slowly gets dismantled to call ups Regier has been non existent in helping it. Doing nothing because three or even four players are out of the line-up is understandable but there have been times in the past where the Amerks were missing seven or eight players and Regier did nothing.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote