Thread: Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Jamie Tardif
View Single Post
08-06-2013, 07:37 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
I think just the culture the guy brings is addition by subtraction. 61 points is great but the way the guy plays and his work ethic isn't a good thing to have rub off on a young team. Sadly I think Luke Adam is slowly going down that road too but I'm hoping that all of the new leadership and hard workers can kick his ass back into the player he's capable of being.

Anyways the Amerks have had good teams on paper going into the season before. The problem is that when the line-up slowly gets dismantled to call ups Regier has been non existent in helping it. Doing nothing because three or even four players are out of the line-up is understandable but there have been times in the past where the Amerks were missing seven or eight players and Regier did nothing.
Mancari was a disappointment I think. 22 goals? That was 8 below his total the year before and he played 10 more games. He was rarely a threat and disappeared for long stretches. I'm sure he was a good guy in the dressing room, but his on ice habits weren't the best. Tardif is a huge upgrade.

And I couldn't agree more with your second paragraph. Lots of AHL teams look good in October. The real question comes in January/February when call ups/injuries have decimated the Amerks. Good teams get reinforcements. Regier let the Amerks disintegrate last season while doing nothing.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote