View Single Post
Old
01-11-2004, 10:08 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Joey Crabb update

since you guys don't have a "prospects" thread, I'll just start this for an update.

I caught both games of the weekend series between Minnesota and Colorado College and here's the scoop on Crabb (one of you was asking me about him earlier).

Despite getting zero points in the series, he actually played quite well. IMO, one of the better CC players in the series. He's got good size (6'2/195) and strength and uses both quite well. He's an excellent skater and playmaker with some nice hands. The only thing that bothered me in the way he played in the series was on the power play. When he had the puck, particularly when he was near the side boards, he didn't seem to want to move in and challenge the either the defender or the opposing goaltender. He seemed content to just shoot it from afar, and with as good as Minnesota's PK has been of late, his shots weren't getting through. Usually they ended up being wide of the net or blocked. If he could be more aggressive in that area, he would be more effective on the power play.