View Single Post
Old
08-06-2013, 11:31 AM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehinternet View Post
Adam has has his ups and downs in both Buf and Roch. Some might argue he got ruined by Ruff. Rolson *might* be able to save him. I think Buf might give him one more shot, but if he falters early on, he's done.

If Buffalo is committed to rebuilding with youth, might as well try to put Flynn at C. This is the time to experiment. We're light on experienced centers right now -- especially with the idea of moving Ennis back to wing to allow centers to develop.
Its not the time to experiment its the time to let young talented centers get a chance. We have a ton of them coming and there is little point in trying Flynn at center right now.

You experiment with players at different positions when you have no other options at that position and none on the horizon. With Hodgson, Ennis, Grigs, Larsson, Girgs, Cat, Adam and Sundher we have plenty of young center options to try (along with Porter) before we need to get into experiments. After years of dealing with these experiments I'd rather see us just let some young centers try to play center in the NHL

Quote:
Realistically though, Kaleta and Stafford's days in Buffalo are numbered. They're quickly becoming obsolete. Kaleta is often injured and getting a bad rep with the referee's. Stafford is overpaid for his performance and one of the last remnants of the of the 'core' which has been dismantled.
Not sure why you think they are obsolete. We don't have many proven top 6 scoring wingers on the roster that can put up 20g 45pts.

Kaleta doesn't have a bad rep with the refs or he wouldn't be the best player in the league at drawing penalties while taking as few as he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehinternet View Post
?
He's a -4 and -5 player in +/- over the last three seasons. He's tough, and gritty, but I don't know if I'd want him out there to close out a 1-goal lead against a tough opponent.
Plus/minus is a pretty weak stat to argue your point. He's a solid defensive winger and has played well against some pretty tough players over the last few years. Matt Coller on WGR had a good article laying out his strengths defensively as well as other things that make him a very effective 4th liner. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...195&highlight=

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote